Shop Floor Connect / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / Mcenter Service Release 2023.4
The new Shop Floor Connect, DNC Connect, 3rd Party Integration, API, MMR Service version 2023.4 is released and now available. Please look below for the enhancements and changes of the different modules.
The release is available for all customers with maintenance agreement and access to our Customer Information Center (CIC) for download (please create a release activity). All customers who do not have access to our CIC platform and want to download the software over CIC have to require access over the following link. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want the release on a data medium. Direct Siemens PLM Software customers can get the release from the GTAC download area.
This Shop Floor Connect Release 2023.4 supports all Teamcenter UA versions from 10.x up to the actual version Teamcenter 14.x.
Urgent Service notes
- DNC Connect only supports the actual NX versions who are under maintenance from Siemens.
- For customers who want to update on the Teamcenter 11.3 version or higher: From TC 11.3 and on, a new license verification will be done upon the creation of manufacturing objects like MEProcess, MEOP, MEWorkArea and their sub-types (including custom types). This check will be done on server side per Teamcenter policy and to ensure license verification. It will use two new feature keys: 1) mfg_planning_lite for verifying MEProcess, MEOP and their sub-types 2) mfg_plant_author for verifying MEWorkArea and its sub-types.
This new license check will be done in addition to other license verification that exists today. If you don’t find them in your Teamcenter 11.3 or higher license key please get in contact with Siemens PLM.
- The new UI Shop Floor Connect Active DNC drop support of Internet Explorer 11 and older! Please use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge Browser!
Shop Floor Connect / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / Mcenter Service
Shop Floor Connect
- Common: The license management page /tcdnc/license.jsp has been moved into the SFCAdmin web app reachable via Common / License. Upgrade internal Tomcat to version 9.0.75.
- The version numbering will be adapted to the current Siemens scheme YYMM starting next year – the release year followed by the release month in two digits.
Instead of 2024.1, the next release will be 2401.
- Update bundled Java runtime for windows platforms to Eclipse Adoptium Temurin-184.108.40.206+1.
- Upgrade internal Tomcat to version 9.0.81.
- Failover V2: When automatically switching back to online mode, logged-in ActiveDNC sessions were not notified and still displayed “Failover”. This error has been fixed.
- SFCCore: If the (optional) e-mail sending generates an error when switching to failover mode, it was not written to the log file correctly until now. This problem has been fixed.
- Heidenhain iTNC7 controls are now supported.
- WuT COMServer: If an error occurs in the COM server when receiving data serially, additional error reasons are now evaluated and returned.
- FTP-Connection: When transferring files to older FTP servers (e.g. Makino) the error “org.apache.commons.net.MalformedServerReplyException: Truncated server reply: ‘200 ‘” could occur. This has been fixed.
Subject to change without notice!