Shop Floor Connect for Teamcenter / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / API / MMR Service Release 2022.1
The new Shop Floor Connect, DNC Connect, 3rd Party Integration, API, MMR Service version 2022.1 is released and now available. Please look below for the enhancements and changes of the different modules.
The release is available for all customers with maintenance agreement and access to our Customer Information Center (CIC) for download (please create a release activity).
All customers who do not have access to our CIC platform and want to download the software over CIC have to require access over the following link. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want the release on a data medium. Direct Siemens PLM Software customers can get the release from the GTAC download area.
This Shop Floor Connect Release 2022.1 supports all Teamcenter UA versions from 10.x up to the actual version Teamcenter 13.x.
Urgent Service notes
- DNC Connect only supports the actual NX versions who are under maintenance from Siemens.
- For customers who want to update on the Teamcenter 11.3 version or higher: From TC 11.3 and on, a new license verification will be done upon the creation of manufacturing objects like MEProcess, MEOP, MEWorkArea and their sub-types (including custom types). This check will be done on server side per Teamcenter policy and to ensure license verification. It will use two new feature keys: 1) mfg_planning_lite for verifying MEProcess, MEOP and their sub-types 2) mfg_plant_author for verifying MEWorkArea and its sub-types.
This new license check will be done in addition to other license verification that exists today. If you don’t find them in your Teamcenter 11.3 or higher license key please get in contact with Siemens PLM.
- The new UI Shop Floor Connect Active DNC drop support of Internet Explorer 11 and older! Please use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge Browser!
Shop Floor Connect /DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / API /MMR Service
- ActiveDNC: Support of user defined input fields for a MTC Filter (Lot-ID) on download.
- Core: Fixed an issue in the connection pool where a user session was briefly unavailable after check-in.
- Core: If SFC is not run as a service but in the console under Windows, an OutOfMemory (heap) error can occur. To eliminate this error, the following files must be edited by hand: “/Tomcat 5.0/bin/setenv_sfc.bat” and “/cache/db-derby/bin/SFC_startNetworkServer.[.bat|.sh]”. For the JAVA_OPTS or DERBY_OPTS the addition “-server” must be inserted, so that the Java runtime optimizes the automatic memory allocation.
- MI-Administration: Fixed an issue that removed the association with the PM0Presetter when saving the data of an MTC.
- MI-Administration: If an error occurs in Teamcenter when creating a new MTC, this message is now also displayed in the web interface. Until now only the following message was displayed: Column ‘ITEM_UID’ cannot accept a NULL value.
- ActiveDNC: If the SFC service was restarted while clients were logged into ActiveDNC, they always got the message “No Teamcenter-Session for HI-Session availbale!” after a new login attempt in ActiveDNC. This problem has been fixed.
- Remove unused fit4tc_log4j.properties from “Tomcat 5.0/lib” directory.
- SFC_ImportSFCWorkpackage_20143 did not return an error message until now if a file could not be imported based on its file extension (named references).
- Failover V2: The UID’s of the objects stored in the cache database are converted to a hexadecimal format to work around problems with seemingly duplicate UID’s. For the Apache Derby database, the UID’s “yyPAg1PXIae4sA” and “YyPAg1PXIae4sA” are the same because they only differ in upper and lower case letters. The new format looks like this: “7979504167315058496165347341”.
The conversion is performed automatically at the first start after the update. Depending on the size of the cache DB, this process can take a long time (30 min and more). During this time SFC is not available! After the conversion the log file should be checked for errors!
- ToolPlan: An entry with the data of the currently processed tool is now written in the log file. This makes it easier to assign error messages to a tool.
- Tool Component: The flag for wear part can now be set based on a numeric value in the MRL. An additional attribute in the MRL must be inserted accordingly, this is not present OOTB.
- ToolPlan: If additional Teamcenter Note types are created and used for BOM line entries, the transfer could fail if a number value followed by a line break is present. A java.lang.NumberFormatException was written to the logfile. This problem has been fixed.
Subject to change without notice.