Shop Floor Connect / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / API / Mcenter MMR Service Release 2023.2 – June 2023
The new Shop Floor Connect, DNC Connect, 3rd Party Integration, API, MMR Service version 2023.2 is released and now available. Please look below for the enhancements and changes of the different modules.
The release is available for all customers with maintenance agreement and access to our Customer Information Center (CIC) for download (please create a release activity).
All customers who do not have access to our CIC platform and want to download the software over CIC have to require access over the following link. Please send an email to email@example.com if you want the release on a data medium. Direct Siemens PLM Software customers can get the release from the GTAC download area.
This Shop Floor Connect Release 2023.2 supports all Teamcenter UA versions from 10.x up to the actual version Teamcenter 14.x.
Urgent Service notes
- DNC Connect only supports the actual NX versions who are under maintenance from Siemens.
- For customers who want to update on the Teamcenter 11.3 version or higher: From TC 11.3 and on, a new license verification will be done upon the creation of manufacturing objects like MEProcess, MEOP, MEWorkArea and their sub-types (including custom types). This check will be done on server side per Teamcenter policy and to ensure license verification. It will use two new feature keys: 1) mfg_planning_lite for verifying MEProcess, MEOP and their sub-types 2) mfg_plant_author for verifying MEWorkArea and its sub-types.
This new license check will be done in addition to other license verification that exists today. If you don’t find them in your Teamcenter 11.3 or higher license key please get in contact with Siemens PLM.
- The new UI Shop Floor Connect Active DNC drop support of Internet Explorer 11 and older! Please use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge Browser!
Shop Floor Connect / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / API
- Upgrade internal Tomcat to version 9.0.75.
- Admin-HI: The list of Teamcenter dataset types is now returned sorted. In some installations the list was previously returned unsorted.
- Setup: The installation routine has been changed. Arguments can now be passed alternatively as arguments to perform a silent installation.
- SFC-Core: The sample configuration file mykeystore.ks (which contains the self-signed SSL certificate) has been moved from the ‘/Tomcat 5.0/conf’ directory to ‘/conf’ and the ‘/Tomcat 5.0/conf/server.xml’ has been adjusted. This only affects new installations. Existing installations continue to use the previous configuration.
- SFC-Core: The TC preference values for [type]_DefaultChildProperties can now be additionally specified in the Fit4TC_Configuration.properties. These entries are then used primarily. Thus configurations from TC can be ‘overwritten’.
- ActiveDNC: Skip “Transfer” tile and go directly to search page if only “Transfer” tile is present.
- ActiveDNC: Changes in logback.xml are now detected and automatically reloaded.
- ResourceTracker: Optimize loding list section of view Setup.
- ResourceTracker: It’s now possible to load all tools from the loading list into the (first) machine magazin with one click.
- Common: The previously used internal FTP server has been removed from the installation media. This is already no longer needed since 2022.2. Existing installations are not changed/removed during an update.
- Failover: SFC can now check in failover mode if the connection to the configured Teamcenter pool service is reachable again. If the login to Teamcenter is possible for a configured period of time, SFC can switch from failover back to online mode.
- Failover CacheDB: Upgrade internal Apache Derby database to version 10.14.2.0.
- SFCCore: Fixed a randomly occurred NullPointerException when inserting more than one object into an existing BOM.
- SFCCore: When creating a new machine interface configuration, existing spaces at the beginning and end of the received values for IP address and ID are now removed before saving.
- ActiveDNC: Fixed a problem when the Edit function is enabled for configured dataset types – sometimes the HTML page was no longer displayed correctly.
- MI-Admin: If the COM port used (Virtual-COM) was changed in the serial configuration, an additional configuration entry was created (in the configuration dataset) for the COM port instead of updating the existing one. This error has been fixed.
- The saved query ‘AB_Find_Workgroup_of_Workplace’ did not filter older sequences of a workgroup. If a workgroup revision has been edited in Teamcenter (not the BOM itself), the workstations of this group may not be found anymore.
To fix this error the search ‘AB_Find_Workgroup_of_Workplace’ has to be extended manually by the entry ‘active_seq != 0’.
The template file ‘AB_Find_Workgroup_of_Workplace.xml’ has been adapted accordingly.
- If a MRL tool or a component is not classified in Teamcenter or this data cannot be read, the task was not aborted so far but repeated continuously. This problem has been fixed.
- Sync Workpackage: If a tool plan is already available but an NC-Package is not, the workflow used to fail with an error message when overwriting the non-existent NC-Package. Now in this case the NC-Package is created new. The problem could occur if only tool plans but no NcPrograms were transferred so far.
- Upgrade internal Tomcat to version 9.0.75.
- Core: Update used Apache Velocity library to 2.3.
- Core: Update Apache Axis to 1.4.1.
- Core: Fixed a problem that could cause the service to take a long time to stop on Windows if the configured remote peer is unreachable.
- VirtualCOM: If the MI was restarted during a transfer, the COM interface used could sometimes no longer be accessed because it was still in use. This error has been fixed.
Subject to change without notice.