Shop Floor Connect / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / API – Release 2021.3
The new Shop Floor Connect, DNC Connect, 3rd Party Integration, API, MMR Service version 2021.3 is released and now available. Please look below for the enhancements and changes of the different modules.
The release is available for all customers with maintenance agreement and access to our Customer Information Center (CIC) for download (please create a release activity).
All customers who do not have access to our CIC platform and want to download the software over CIC have to require access over the following link. Please send an email to email@example.com if you want the release on a data medium. Direct Siemens PLM Software customers can get the release from the GTAC download area.
This Shop Floor Connect Release 2021.3 supports all Teamcenter UA versions from 10.x up to the actual version Teamcenter 13.1.
Urgent Service notes
DNC Connect only supports the actual NX versions who are under maintenance from Siemens.
For customers who want to update on the Teamcenter 11.3 version or higher: From TC 11.3 and on, a new license verification will be done upon the creation of manufacturing objects like MEProcess, MEOP, MEWorkArea and their sub-types (including custom types). This check will be done on server side per Teamcenter policy and to ensure license verification. It will use two new feature keys: 1) mfg_planning_lite for verifying MEProcess, MEOP and their sub-types 2) mfg_plant_author for verifying MEWorkArea and its sub-types.
This new license check will be done in addition to other license verification that exists today. If you don’t find them in your Teamcenter 11.3 or higher license key please get in contact with Siemens PLM.
The new UI Shop Floor Connect Active DNC drop support of Internet Explorer 11 and older! Please use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge Browser!
Shop Floor Connect / DNC Connect / 3rd Party Integration / API
- Upgrade internal Tomcat to version 9.0.46.
- Core: New configuration parameter “MENCToolActivity.tool_bl_list.fallback”. If a MENCToolActivity has no MRL tool assigned, the item ID and revision can be determined from the object_name (if the parameter is set to true)
(Syntax: [ItemID]_[ItemRev] / example: NXT_DRILL_2010_100_A).
- Core: Pre_Upload_Process_Name can now be configured for different DNC types.
- ActiveDNC: UploadFileNameFilter is now supported. With this, the file names in the upload dialog can now be filtered like in the old web client. The configuration differs slightly.
- ActiveDNC: A separate configuration file (UI_SFP_UploadFile_Dialog.conf) can now be created for the upload dialog in workshop programming. If this does not exist, the general file (UI_UploadFile_Dialog.conf) is used. The two versions cannot be operated simultaneously.
- ActiveDNC: Additional log messages when opening a workpackage from the search result.
- ActiveDNC: The import dialog in the shop floor programming now supports the creation of different activity folder types (e.g. Mea0MEFixPlaneActivity). The type could be specified before, but was not taken into account.
- ActiveDNC: It is now possible to call the search of ActiveDNC directly via additional parameters in the URL (externCall).
- API: The function SFC_DataManagement_CreateDataset_20181 can now optionally be passed the MENCProgram type if a MENCProgram folder is to be created.
- Core: Bugfix in SOAPRequestItemRevisionDetail. A java.lang.ClassCastException occurred when calling unloadObject.
- ActiveDNC: When displaying a JT model in the internal viewer, the display froze or the information of the loaded work package was not available afterwards. This problem has been fixed.
- ActiveDNC: The function “Assign ID” inside “Shop Floor Programming/New” does now honor the configured naming rule for the configured item type.
- ActiveDNC: Correction of the tool list view when a tool is used in several program groups. Until now, this was only displayed in the first program group.
- ActiveDNC: Fix for the search dialogs when Item-ID and/or Item-Name contains long values. The command bar on the right side was not always displayed in this case. This issue has been fixed.
- ActiveDNC: In the SFCQuery_conf a validator can now be set for an HTML input field, via which the minimum and maximum length of the entered search string as well as a pattern can be specified. Thus, for example, the search with only one wildcard can be suppressed.
- ActiveDNC: Optimize viewer to display HTML pages of UGCAMShopDoc and CME_Report dataset types.
- Failover V2: Minor bug fixes in file management for revised workpackages.
- Failover V2: Fix for error “A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink “VARCHAR” by changing the size of column object_string to 4000.
- Failover V2: Fixed an issue where availablity check failed when the occurrence type of a workplace item is not set in the BOM of the requested workpackage.
- Failover: The internal data field for saving the SFCWorkpackage has been increased from 1MB to 10MB.
- Distribution: The format of the archive files was changed from BZip2 to XZ. This makes the archives smaller.
- MMR/P: Adaptations to the new API V4. SI 5.1.1 is now required to transfer NC packages.
- First version to check for optimized NC files in MMR programs and transfer them to Teamcenter.
- Upgrade internal Tomcat to version 9.0.46.
Subject to change without notice.